Dog HARNESSEs…what one is right for you?
EASY WALK HARNESS
This harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash.
Traditional harnesses can actually encourage dogs to pull harder because of the “opposition reflex.” That’s the reflex that makes sled dogs do what they do. The Easy Walk Harness’ unique front-chest leash attachment stops pulling by tightening slightly across your dog’s chest and shoulder blades. The gentle pressure steers your dog to the side and redirecting his attention back towards you. The Easy Walk Harness never causes coughing, gagging, or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone, not on the delicate tracheal area.
- A quick snap buckle on both the shoulder and belly straps make it easier to get the harness on and off.
- Soft, but strong nylon and four adjustment points provide maximum comfort and a reliable fit.
- The belly strap is an attractive complementary color – making it easy to identify which strap goes over the shoulders and which goes under the belly.
GENTLE LEADER HEADCOLLAR
Millions of dog owners today enjoy the benefits of stress-free walks thanks to the Gentle Leader Headcollar. Designed so that owners can communicate with their pet in a way they instinctively understand, the Gentle Leader painlessly and effectively removes the dog’s natural tendency to pull by placing gentle pressure on calming points and eliminating uncomfortable pressure on the throat. In addition to reducing a dog’s desire to pull away, the Gentle Leader is also a very effective tool in combating lunging, jumping, excessive barking and helping to calm an aggressive and/or anxious animal.
- Straps are made of supple nylon:
- Won’t choke…pressure is applied at the back of the neck vs. the front of the throat.
- Not a muzzle…when fitted properly a dog can open its mouth to eat, drink, pant, fetch, and bark.
- Can be used with dogs eight (8) weeks of age or older.
- Can be worn up to 18 hours/day.
- Comes with easy-to-follow fitting instructions, an abbreviated training guide, and a more comprehensive training DVD. A 66-pg. training booklet is also available.